Saturday, May 16, 2009
This simple wood craft project is a practical item that will be useful in any home. It utilizes an adding machine roll for a continuous supply of note paper.
1 roll of adding machine paper
1 piece of plywood 3/8" x 3" x 9 1/2"
2 pieces of pine 1/4" x 1 1/8" x 2 1/2"
2 pieces of 5/16" dowel 1/4" long
1 piece of 5/16" dowel 4 1/4" long
1 wooden ball 7/8" diameter
1 serrated metal strip from aluminum foil box
2 #4 x 1/2" brass round head screws
wood glue, stain, and finish
saw(hand saw or power saw), cordless drill, several small drill bits(see drawing), clamps, and screw driver
1. Cut piece of 3/8" plywood to measurements on drawing, sand and round corners
2. Cut 2 pine side pieces to drawing specs, sand and round 2 corners
3. Cut 3 pieces of 5/16" dowel and round end of longer piece(see drawing)
4. Drill all holes in plywood, pine, dowels, and 7/8" ball as shown on drawing
5. Assemble plywood piece and pine pieces(as in photo above), glue pine pieces to plywood and clamp
6. Glue long 5/16" dowel into the hole drilled in wooden ball.
7. Sand all assemblies and stain and finish(including 2 small dowels)
8, Attach the serrated metal strip at the bottom of the plywood piece with the 2 dowel spacers under the strip and 2 brass screws through the metal strip and the spacers, tighten down
9. Set the paper roll between the side pieces and push the ball and dowel assembly through the sides and paper roll
10. Feed paper off the roll and under the metal strip.
Hang up your new board and writes note as in the first photo.