Saturday, August 29, 2009
Make this wood letter opener from an old spatula handle and decorative stickers.
1 wood spatula handle
2 decorative stickers
Wood stain, and lacquer
Wood rasp, sand paper, and brush
1. Remove handle from old spatula and rasp to the basic shape as in photos, be sure to keep the hole at handle end of opener.
2. Rasp and sand the blade of the opener to a thin edge, sand complete opener until smooth.
3. Apply wood stain to opener, allow to dry. Apply decorative stickers to the handle.
4. Apply clear lacquer to opener and stickers. Put on several coats of lacquer(sand lightly between coats).
5. Allow to dry fully and start using your recycled letter opener.