I saw this on the internet and just had to try it. All you need is an old pair of jeans and a pair of sharp scissors.
1. Cut the jeans off at the crotch totally removing both pant legs as in first photo below
2. Starting at the top of the zipper cut just below the waste ban across to the side seam on both sides.
3. Cut down both side seams totally removing the front part of the jeans as in second photo below.
4. Place apron straps (formed by waste ban) around your waste and fasten button in the back.
5. You now have a work apron with pocket as in second photo below.