Tuesday, June 9, 2009

CROCHET SLEEVE FOR HOT POT HANDLE











This quick pot holder is for use on the handles of your hot pots, works great on that cast iron skillet.
Materials:
Size F or G crochet hook
Sugar and cream crochet cotton.
Directions:
Chain 5
Working in back loops only 2 sc in second ch. from hook,
1 Sc in each of the next two stitches, 2 sc in the last st.
Do not turn the work. What was the front loop will now be the back loop,
2 sc. in the first st. 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts., 2 sc. in the last stitch.
Now working in both loops sc in each stitch around continually till the piece measures about 5” bind off end cut and weave in ends.

5 comments:

  1. Cool, thanks, I have some new pans that handle gets hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan I hope it is ok that when I post things I made from your blog and post on mine that I add the link to your project I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again Susan, I made one in Bernat cotton in color Strawberry :), I crocket a little chain on mine so I can hang by stove so I do not have to dig around in the draws looking for it. :) Im going to make more :)

    Thanks Again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee that is fine! Our site is all about sharing crafting. Glad that you are making our crafts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made 3 and loved them. For hanging,on the last row I chained 2 and skipped 2 sc to make a little hidden loop. Thanks for the pattern!

      Delete