Monday, June 22, 2009
Here is another experiment with my heat gun! These hanging wind spinners are made from plastic plates by heat shrinking.
Large and small plastic plates(some clear and some clear in center and color on the out side edges).
3/4" split jump rings
Heat gun, drill & bits, gloves, and safety glasses
1. Lay plastic plate flat with the bottom side up.
2. Apply heat with gun directly to the center of the plate bottom until a hole develops, then allow hole to open about 1.5" to 2", slowly move heat to the outer portion of the plate causing the plate to curl and fold as seen in photos.
3. Allow to cool and drill 1/8" hole about 1/4" from plate edge, spray paint if desired as seen in the second photo(spinners are just lightly sprayed on both sides).
4. Slide jump ring through hole and tie string to jump ring with half hitch then tie a loop in the opposite end of string.
5. Hang your unique recycled wind spinner.